Corporate Investment & Private Equity
Building outstanding businesses with exceptional partners
Mulpha provides flexible equity, debt and hybrid solutions to businesses that exhibit clear competitive advantages, compelling growth potential and which are driven by strong management teams with deep industry expertise.
Mulpha has a strong entrepreneurial culture which has been built over 30 years across a broad spectrum of assets classes. As such, we prefer to take a hands-on, supportive and commercial approach to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. We seek to achieve this whilst leveraging Mulpha’s internal capabilities, strategic foresight, financial acumen and our extensive domestic and international network. Some of our investments include ‘Education Perfect’ and ‘The Hotel School’ which have both achieved excellent returns.
Mulpha’s investment philosophy
- We are sector agnostic and will look at most industries if the numbers and thematic makes sense.
- We can participate anywhere in the capital structure as our investment can be in the form of equity, debt or a hybrid solution. We will also look at distressed opportunities.
- We prefer that the business is profitable, generating circa $1m to $20m EBITDA per annum.
- We prefer not to make passive investments directly into investment funds as we like to work with management to drive growth.
- We prefer majority ownership but are also amenable to investing on equal ownership percentages with other like-minded investors (debt funds, private equity funds, MBO, MBI etc).
- We are flexible on holding period. It can be for 0-5 years or we can hold into perpetuity if it makes sense to do so.
- We have strong expertise in the hospitality, technology, education, hotel, construction, development and debt finance sectors.
- We are quick with our internal decision making process and can therefore execute transactions in a timely manner.
- We are open to investment opportunities in Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore and Japan.
- We are also willing to break our own rules in special situation transactions where the risk adjusted returns makes sense.
As business owners and investors ourselves, we love to meet other business owners and investors, so please feel free to contact our Corporate Investment & Private Equity team.
Mulpha is a member of the Australian Investment Council (www.aic.co)